The personal information we collect from you is used primarily to enable us to provide the specific service you require and to help you access your account securely.
Personal information can include the following:
- your title, forename and surname and gender;
- your personal or work related (depending on which you choose to submit) e-mail address and your password (which allow us to create your user account and your unique agreement number);
- your personal or work related contact details (depending on which you choose to submit) such as your telephone number(s), fax numbers and postal address;
- your date of birth and national insurance number;
- your marital status;
- your residential status and address details for the last 3 years;
- occupation, salary and annual income information;
- employment status;
- employer details and time periods in that occupation and with that employer and any other employers within a 3 year period;
- your bank details, including your bank name and address, sort code, account number, account type and time period at your bank;
- personal information which we obtain from Fraud Prevention Agencies (see the section on ‘Fraud Prevention Agencies’ below);
- personal information about your credit history which we obtain from Credit Reference Agencies including data which originates from Royal Mail (UK postal addresses), local authorities (electoral roll), the insolvency service, Companies’ House, other lenders and providers of credit (who supply data to the Credit Reference Agencies), court judgments decrees and administration orders made publicly available through statutory public registers (see the section on ‘Credit Reference Agencies’ below);
- your contact and marketing preferences;
- if you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways - demographics information and information about subjects that may interest you;
- information necessary for legal compliance;
- where you "like" us or make posts on our pages on social networking websites, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
Personal information also includes special categories of personal data. This is data about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical believes, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, and data concerning your health, sex life or sexual orientation. In the unlikely event that any of this is collected from you during your use of the website or during any other offline interaction with us you may be asked at the point of collection to provide your explicit consent where needed in order to justify our processing of it.
This information will be collected primarily from you as information voluntarily provided to us, but (as explained above) we may also collect it where lawful to do so from (and combine it with information from) credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, public sources, third party service providers, tax or law enforcement agencies and other third parties. Also, some of the personal information obtained from Credit Reference Agencies will have originated from publicly accessible sources. In particular, Credit Reference Agencies draw on court decisions, bankruptcy registers and the electoral register (also known as the electoral roll). We explain more about Credit Reference Agencies below. We have also mentioned above in the lists of personal information that we process some of the Credit Reference Agencies’ other sources of information (which are our own source of information too). We may also collect personal information about you from your use of other Company or Group websites or services.